Gaydio, and Freelance
Senior Producer / Researcher (Radio) • Feb 2017 to Present
- Coordinated major productions including 'Manchester Together - One Year On', and local, national, and international outside broadcasts for an audience of 500,000+ monthly listeners.
- Devised, led, and created documentaries examining areas of public policy including Section 28, The Gender Recognition Act, as well as examining developing public policy at an EU level in the area of LGBT rights.
- Consulted on a BBC documentary on social policy and the criminal justice system.
- Line management and co-ordination of a large production team (50+ people) including training, mentoring, content development, and overseeing compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Curated podcast production for English National Ballet, Manchester International Festival, and others.
Business Consultant • Sept 2015 to Present
- Writing, to tight deadlines, SEO targeted copy for a range of clients across a variety of industries; from news to PR. Regularly exceeded client expectations, evidenced by a range of regular commissions from repeat clients.
- Prestigious Jerwood Fellowship in digital marketing at Manchester International Festival & English National Ballet. Part of a team which successfully marketed the inaugural, sold-out, run of Akram Khan’s Giselle.
- Providing confidential and secure audio processing support to a range of high-profile businesses (e.g. in the market research and human resources sectors, as well as to government departments).
Project Manager • Sept 2015 to Mar 2017
- Project managed delivery of Creative Breaks, an employability scheme for under and unemployed people looking for experience in the creative industries.
- Successfully delivered a marketing programme promoting Greater Manchester nationally and internationally.
- Organised event promoting Greater Manchester at the European Parliament.
Career Break • Sept 2014 to Sept 2015
Took time to re-evaluate my career, travel, learn new skills (e.g. photography) and improve my mental health.
The Scout Association
County Development Manager & Youth Worker • Jul 2002 to Sept 2014
- Responsible for recruitment, induction, and management of 1,500 volunteers across Merseyside in line with national targets.
- Delivered training programmes including media training, safeguarding, first aid, and others.
- Successfully planned and delivered large events for up to 40,000+ participants, including UK participation in high profile international events.
- Planned and managed budgets of up to £1 million including successful bids for grant funding.
Wigan, Cheshire East, and Warrington Local Authorities
Teaching Assistant • October 2005 - Sept 2014
Supporting students at primary and secondary level with additional educational needs.
The Open University
BSc (Hons) Combined STEM (Physics and Computing) • 2019 - 2022
Since returning to study in 2019, I have achieved distinctions in all the modules I have studied – in maths, physics, and computing – and expect to graduate in 2022 with a first or upper-second class degree.
HNC Biology • 2005
St John Rigby VI Form College, Wigan
A-Levels • 2002
- 4 A-Levels (Biology, B; Physics, D; Maths, E; General Studies, E)
- 1 A/S Level (Chemistry, C)
Hawkley Hall High School, Wigan
High School • 2000
- 9 GCSEs (2 x A*, 6 x A, 1 x C) incl. English, Maths, Science, French, German, and IT
Python, Java, Flask, Jekyll, HTML and CSS, Jupyter, PANDAS, Git.
Mental Health First Aid
2-day course in September 2018